A Brivis Specialist since 1998

Call me NOW: 0409 940 284

  • Carbon-monoxide (CO) poisoning

    There's been a lot of publicity about carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs after enough inhalation of carbon monoxide (CO). Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas but being colourless, odourless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating, it's very difficult for people to detect. (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia).

    Sometimes, initial symptoms can be flu-like, or perhaps there's a stuffy quality to the air in the room. Because it's impossible to know if there is a dangerous CO situation, it's essential that your heater is checked for dangerous emissions in your regular service call. Like all reputable technicians, I have special equipment to check for CO emissions at every heater call-out.

    Click here to view Media Article

    Electricity safety authority warning after spate of fires

    Fire brigades have responded to a number of fires caused by cooling appliances in recent years. Victoria's electricity safety authority, Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) strongly recommends that air conditioners and evaporative coolers are serviced and properly maintained. In 2012, several fires relating to this issue were reported by the Country Fire Authority (CFA). The CFA pointed out that many home-owners have air conditioners or evaporative coolers but not many people take the time to get them serviced each year.

    The CFA urges that all units are serviced and properly maintained, pointing out that regular maintenance not only allows manufacturer's upgrades and adjustments to be made, but ensures air conditioners or evaporative coolers work safely and efficiently when they are needed most. Regular servicing can also help to identify problems that could cause an electrical fault or fire.

    Click here to view Media Article

  • What My Clients Say...

    "... and I'll phone Colin again because he went out of his way to solve the problem that the other technician couldn't."
    Read more →